Negaunee Public Schools
December 18, 2006
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Board of Education, Negaunee Public Schools, City of Negaunee, County of Marquette, and State of Michigan, held on
December 18, 2006, at the Negaunee High School Library.
Members Present: Fae Collins, Dan Hintsala, Osmond T. Kemp, Virginia Paulson, Martin
Renaldi, and Martin Saari
Member Absent: Dave Rice
James Derocher, Superintendent
Bob Bonetti, High School Principal
Dan Skewis, Middle School Principal
Mary Kay Johnson, Administrative Aide for Finance
Marcia Manninen, Transportation Director
Julie Dompierre, Recording Secretary
78. The meeting was called to order by President Martin Saari at 7:00 p.m.
79. A quorum of the board was established.
80. Motion by V. Paulson, supported by O. Kemp, to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
81. Public Comment - None
82. Motion by M. Renaldi, supported by F. Collins, to approve the minutes of the
regular meeting held on November 20, 2006. Motion carried 6-0.
83. Motion by D. Hintsala, supported by F. Collins, to approve the Consent Items as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
84. Payment of Bills and Financial Reports:
A. Motion by V. Paulson, supported by D. Hintsala, to approve the payment of bills totaling $495,961.02. Motion carried 6-0.
B. Received the Financial Report from the Administrative Aide for Finance, Mary Kay Johnson.
85. Written reports were received from the Community Education Director, and Health Coordinator. Oral reports were received from Bob Bonetti, High School Principal, Dan Skewis, Middle School Principal, and Superintendent Derocher.
86. Correspondence - None
87. Old Business:
A. Motion by M. Renaldi, supported by O. Kemp, to approve the second
reading of the revisions and additions on the following Board Policies:
2260, 2431, 4120, 5320, 5530, 5532, 5540, 6110, 8210, 8420, 8500, and 8660. Motion carried 6-0.
A. Superintendent Derocher informed the Board on the status of the bond sales. No action necessary.
B. Motion by V. Paulson, supported by F. Collins, to adopt the Summer Tax Resolution. Roll call vote 6 ayes, 0 nays.
C. Motion by O. Kemp, supported by M. Renaldi, to accept the bid of $2,501.50 from Bruce Ferguson on the sale of a 1995 International/Thomas, 71-passenger bus. Motion carried 6-0.
D. Superintendent Derocher and the Board discussed the purchase of a school bus. No action necessary.
E. Motion by O. Kemp, supported by D. Hintsala, to approve the purchase of 190 Algebra 1 textbooks from Prentice Hall and additional copies as needed for the 2007-08 school year. Motion carried 6-0.
F. Motion by F. Collins, supported by V. Paulson, to accept the Letter of Understanding regarding coaches salaries for the GirlsŐ Softball Program. Motion carried 6-0.
89. Public Comment – None
90. Other Business - None
91. Motion by V. Paulson, supported by F. Collins, to adjourn the meeting at
8:18 p.m. Motion carried 6-0.
Marty Saari, President Fae Collins, Secretary